Downtown isn’t the only part of Austin getting a new tower. We recently learned that HPI (a commercial real estate company) is looking to build a 300,000 sf, 11-story office building with an adjacent 7-story parking garage near the Domain up in north Austin. The building will be next the IBM 45 building in the Domain.
There are only a few towers up that way, including the Tower of the Hills office building (10 stories, at 1309 Research Boulevard), The Arboretum Plaza buildings, and the up-coming Domain 8 office tower (plus a few more). The recently completed Domain 7 office building is 6 stories.
Here’s what we know:
- Address = 10725 Domain Drive (just west of the intersection at Braker and Burnet, off of Domain Parkway)
- Lot = 4.57 Acres (~199,000 sf) – the southeastern part of a much larger existing lot, currently used as a parking lot for the nearby IBM 45
- Building Coverage = 115,344 sf
- Proposed structure (s) = ~300,000 sf
- Proposed access = Domain Parkway
- Number of stories = 11 stories, with a 7 story parking garage adjacent to the tower