More and more news from the East Side.
CapMetro will be voting on March 21st, its next board meeting, on the master development agreement with the Endeavor Real Estate Group and Columbus Realty team to redevelop the 10-acre Plaza Saltillo site into a mixed-use, mixed-mobility development. The proposal includes affordable and market-rate apartments, as well as office, retail and open space.
From the presentation today, below are proposed community benefits
- Larger than required street trees will be planted to create a pleasant shaded pedestrian experience from the beginning
- Innovative water quality treated through green infrastructure
- Preserving trees around the historic buildings and park
- Designed by a local architect to reflect site history and neighborhood character
- Worker Safety Provisions recorded in the master developer agreement
- Affordable housing units that float through the development, entirely integrated into the market-rate units
- A portion of affordable units will be reserved for seniors
- Austin Energy Green Building and LEED Certified
- Paseos built out as places, not just sidewalk connections, including landscaping and green infrastructure