The TOWERS’ writes for an audience passionate about city life, real estate, and urbanist culture. Since 2007, TOWERS has published commentary and news updates on the Austin real estate market, architecture, new development, and local urban issues.
Code of Ethics
- We always disclose when quoting press releases.
- At this time we do not accept advertiser support; however, if that changes then conflicts of interest will be noted and “advertorials” clearly labeled.
- We encourage our writers to include robust, fact-driven personal perspectives on topics they’re passionate about, even when their views may not always hem precisely to our editorial mission. Opinionated content is where we break from the traditional news media model, and we acknowledge that — but ultimately, whenever we’re expressing opinions we’re putting TOWERS.net’s reputation on the line, so we have a vested interest in getting things right.
- We do not release information with intent to harm, and generally attempt to stay within the legal considerations of fair use. We only release “privileged” or otherwise non-public information if it serves a genuine editorial purpose.
- We do not pay sources for interviews, nor allow our sources to review stories prior to publication except for the purpose of checking individual quotes.
- Anonymous sources are relied upon only when the information provided can be vetted and checked for authenticity.
- The photos we use in our stories are never edited with the intent to mislead, and significantly altered images are always labeled as illustrations with Creative Commons attributions when it’s appropriate.