Tip: Learn more about this building by using the form below to speak with a TOWERS’ condo specialist.
The Austin Proper is new construction and availability is subject to change.
Inquire using the form below or call TOWERS Realty 512-236-8898 for additional information.
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.
Overview of The Austin Proper Condos
Overlooking Shoal Creek and the city’s new Central Library, the Austin Proper is located on the corner of Nueces and Second Streets at the convergence of the Second Street and Seaholm Districts. Flanked by office towers, including the stunning Block 185 “Sail tower” leased by Google, the primary orientation of the Proper is west-facing — and generally speaking, the views from the building to the west are “protected” from being obstructed by future development due to its location.
- 32 Floors
- 397 Feet tall
- 99 units
- Completed in 2019
- Unit Types: One-bedroom, two-bedroom, three-bedroom, penthouse
- Several residences will have “protected views” of Lady Bird Lake and the Texas Hill Country due to the tower’s orientation
- 24-hour concierge
- Owner-exclusive rooftop pool and amenity deck
- Garage parking
- Street-level retail alongside the building’s hotel component, including four separate restaurant and bar spaces
- Resident access to guest amenities at the Proper Hotel
- Architect: Handel Architects
- Current Phase: Complete
- Interior Design: Kelly Wearstler
- Developer: The Kor Group
- July 24th, 2020 - Austin’s Historic Norwood Estate Prepares for a Comeback
- February 10th, 2020 - After 5 Years of Development, Closings Arrive at the Austin Proper Residences
- November 7th, 2019 - Central Austin Development Roundup: Super-Secret Mystery Building Edition
- October 25th, 2019 - Okay, Let’s Talk About These New Owl Statues in Downtown Austin
- March 26th, 2019 - Google’s New Home at Block 185 is Downtown Austin’s Next Signature Tower
- September 14th, 2018 - Central Austin Development Roundup: Fresh Buildings Found Here
- August 8th, 2018 - At Last, Here’s Our First Look at the Block 185 Office Tower
- July 13th, 2018 - Central Austin Development Roundup: We See Buildings Everywhere
- June 28th, 2018 - Five Takeaways From the Shoal Creek Conservancy’s New Trail Plan
- May 3rd, 2018 - Central Austin Development Roundup: It’s Tower Time, Y’all
- March 1st, 2018 - Inside the 70 Rainey Condo Tower, Underway on Downtown’s Eastern Edge
- December 5th, 2017 - Conversation with George Blume
- October 17th, 2017 - More Than 1,000 Apartment Units Headed to Austin’s South Shore
- August 24th, 2017 - FIRST LOOK: Austin Proper, Under Construction in the 2nd Street District
- June 26th, 2017 - Good and Bad News on Block 185
- January 23rd, 2016 - Progress at Austin Proper as Developers Acquire the Land
- July 2nd, 2015 - Remember When There Weren’t Enough Hotels in Downtown Austin?
- May 28th, 2015 - Downtown Austin Development Update
- May 7th, 2015 - New Proposed Development – The Austin Proper (Block 188)
- February 5th, 2015 - Something is finally happening at 220 S Congress
- April 13th, 2013 - Cousins buys Congress Ave building, other project delayed