Tip: Learn more about this building by using the form below to speak with a TOWERS’ condo specialist.
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 1/17/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
W Hotel & Residences
- Completed in 2011
- 36 Floors
- 433 Feet
- 165 Units
- Unit Size: 641ft – 3800ft
- Unit Types: 1bd, 2bd, 3bd+
- Part of Block 21, a 1,000,000 sq. ft., $295 million mixed-use project on the block north of city hall. This will be the heart of the vibrant second street district. The project will also include studios for Austin City Limits which will double as a live music venue and bar when the show is not taping. Also includes a 16,000 Square Foot gym and spa, a juice bar, and two pools including one exclusively designed for condo residents.
- Concierge: Yes
- Pool: Yes
- Gym: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Owners of W Austin Residences will have full use of all the hotel’s facilities as well as access to 24-hour room service, daily housekeeping service and concierge services and a spa in the building. Whatever, Whenever service provides the closets thing to a personal butler: call them to shop for groceries, take a dog for a walk, fix a flat tire, of pick-up take out on your behalf.
- Hotel Completed in 2010, Condo Completed in 2011
- Current Phase: Complete
- Budget: $295 million
- Total SF: 1,000,000
- Cost / SF: Unknown
- Developer: Stratus Properties Inc. and Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Architects: Andersson-Wise Architects
- August 16th, 2018 - Downtown Austin Getting Two Hotels at 5th & Brazos Tower
- July 25th, 2018 - Here’s The Republic, a 37-Story Office Tower Proposed at 308 Guadalupe
- April 18th, 2018 - Republic Tower Project Planned for Downtown Block at 308 Guadalupe
- April 4th, 2018 - 34-Story Office Tower Plan at 300 Colorado Gets a New Look
- December 5th, 2017 - Conversation with George Blume
- November 17th, 2017 - The Independent Wins 2017 Design Award From American Architecture Prize
- October 30th, 2017 - A First Glimpse of the Commodore Perry Estate’s Planned Boutique Hotel
- September 20th, 2017 - The Downtown Austin Alliance’s Vision Survey Needs Your Hottest Takes
- July 21st, 2017 - Canopy by Hilton Boutique Hotel Headed to West Sixth Street
- November 15th, 2016 - The Odd Thing About Austin’s Skyline
- November 1st, 2016 - 39 Story Residential Tower Proposed at 3rd & Colorado
- July 13th, 2016 - News & Rumors Round Up
- July 2nd, 2015 - Remember When There Weren’t Enough Hotels in Downtown Austin?
- February 12th, 2015 - New Travis County Courthouse Proposal: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
- January 21st, 2015 - Hotel Proposed for 12th and Red River in Downtown Austin
- March 17th, 2013 - Yet another hotel coming, now at 8th & Neches
- July 22nd, 2012 - Exclusive: Downtown Austin Condo Sales Report
- June 23rd, 2012 - Coming to Congress Ave: The Monster Marriott
- June 21st, 2012 - New, Improved Building-by-Building Condo Listings!
- May 17th, 2012 - Strange Trends in Downtown Condo Sales
- March 9th, 2012 - Exclusive: January & February Sales Fetch Higher Prices
- January 21st, 2012 - Exclusive: Full Year Analysis of 2011 Downtown Austin Condo Sales
- January 15th, 2012 - Exclusive: November and December Sales Set New Records!
- December 21st, 2011 - 2nd Street: 3 More Fancy Blocks Coming Soon
- November 7th, 2011 - Exclusive: October Condo Sales Set New Records
- October 17th, 2011 - Exclusive: Strong September Downtown Austin Condo Sales Break Drive New Annualized Records
- October 16th, 2011 - W & Austonian Win “Best New Building”
- July 15th, 2011 - Exclusive: June Condo Sales Set New Record
- June 26th, 2011 - New 50-Story Modern Hotel Proposed for downtown, Battle with Marriott Begins
- June 21st, 2011 - Uh oh: The Dreaded 1,003 Room Downtown Marriott Might be Built
- June 12th, 2011 - Wow! Strong April & May MLS Condo Sales & Price Appreciation
- May 27th, 2011 - Top Downtown Austin Condo Projects Report Slow Sales
- April 10th, 2011 - Exclusive: March Condo Sales Fall, Prices Increase
- March 28th, 2011 - 26-Story “Congress Sliver Hotel” Approved by City Council
- March 12th, 2011 - First W Austin Condo Sale Prices Hit MLS
- March 12th, 2011 - Exclusive: Condo Sales Soar in February
- January 20th, 2011 - New Renderings for Congress Avenue Boutique Hotel
- January 16th, 2011 - New Condo Towers Possible Near Capital
- December 9th, 2010 - Hello W Austin!
- September 28th, 2010 - Updated: Building-by-Building Monthly Condo Fees
- September 20th, 2010 - 389 of 736 Units Sold So Far in Spring, W, Austonian, and Four Seasons
- August 16th, 2010 - Swim! Pictures of Downtown Condo Pools
- July 7th, 2010 - With Downtown Marriott Dead, Land Owners Seek New Hotel Developer
- June 13th, 2010 - Austonian, Four Seasons Prepare to Open
- May 22nd, 2010 - New Hotel Planned for Congress Ave!
- April 27th, 2010 - Austonian, W, Four Seasons, & Spring Sales Estimates
- December 10th, 2009 - Austin Home Listings Slide by 20%
- November 6th, 2009 - Analysis: Downtown Condo Supply & Demand
- October 26th, 2009 - W Receives Financing: Averts Crisis
- September 25th, 2009 - Exclusive: Building-by-Building Condo Fees
- August 29th, 2009 - Impressive New W Renderings
- August 11th, 2009 - W Must Replace Troubled Lender to Proceed
- June 19th, 2009 - EXCLUSIVE: Downtown Condo Market Surges
- May 23rd, 2009 - W Hotel & Residences Developer Faces Delisting
- February 16th, 2009 - January, 2009 Downtown Condo Sales
- February 11th, 2009 - W Hotel & Residences . . . . & Offices?
- January 28th, 2009 - New Market Data: 2008 Downtown Condo Sales Analysis
- January 15th, 2009 - Is Downtown Austin Overbuilt: Understanding Austin Condo Supply & Demand
- December 2nd, 2008 - State of the Downtown Condo Market
- September 9th, 2008 - Major SoCo Infill Project Announced: New Hotel & Retail to Emerge
- September 3rd, 2008 - Development Update: The other 13 Buildings Rising Downtown
- August 1st, 2008 - Hotel Van Zandt Cancels Condo Project
- July 12th, 2008 - Updated: Building-by-Building Monthly Condo Fees
- June 3rd, 2008 - New: W Austin Residences Listings
- May 23rd, 2008 - The Big Roundup: Our Austin Condo Market Update
- May 4th, 2008 - Financing in Hand, W Austin Hotel & Condos to Begin Construction on Monday
- April 7th, 2008 - Who is Buying Downtown: 5 Statistics that Summarize Downtown Condo Demographics
- April 4th, 2008 - 21c Condo Project Magically Relocated to Waller Creek
- April 2nd, 2008 - 2008 State of the Market: Updated Condo Sales Statistics
- January 29th, 2008 - New Businesses to Open on 2nd Street
- January 7th, 2008 - Is That Really the View?
- November 19th, 2007 - Huge Downtown Site Slated for Development
- October 27th, 2007 - Austonian Condo Fees Set a New Record!
- October 14th, 2007 - W Hotel & Residences Breaks Ground
- September 27th, 2007 - Austin in 2010: The Tallest Buildings
- September 18th, 2007 - Condo Sales: How Firm are They?
- September 15th, 2007 - The Monthly Cost of Luxury Living
- August 13th, 2007 - Jumbo Mortgage Rates Spike
- August 5th, 2007 - Reserving a Condo: Up-front Payment Requirements
- August 1st, 2007 - W Austin Condo Update
- June 18th, 2007 - The Million Dollar Austin Condo Market
- January 29th, 2007 - Beyond Residential: Other Downtown Projects