Tip: Learn more about this building by using the form below to speak with a TOWERS’ condo specialist.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 5/16/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Overview of the W Hotel & Residences
The crown jewel of the 300-million-dollar mixed-use development known as Block 21 in the Second Street District of downtown Austin, the W Hotel & Residences offers owners hotel-style amenities and one of the city’s most coveted districts for dining, shopping, and live music.
- 36 Floors
- 433 Feet tall
- 165 Units
- Completed in 2011
- Unit Size: 641 sf to 3800 sf
- Unit Types: 1bd, 2bd, 3bd+
- 24-hour concierge
- Garage parking
- Owners at the W Austin Residences enjoy full use of all the W Hotel’s facilities, as well as access to 24-hour room service, daily housekeeping and concierge services; along with a spa in the building. The hotel’s Whatever/Whenever® concierge services aren’t far off from having a personal assistant on call for tasks as varied as dog-walking, flat tire-changing, picking up deliveries or dry cleaning, and almost anything else you’d need.
- Located in the vibrant Second Street District, the W complex also includes studios for Austin City Limits, which double as a live music venue and bar when the show is not taping. The building also includes a 16,000-square-foot gym and spa, a juice bar, and two pools including one exclusively designed for condo residents.
- Architect: Andersson-Wise Architects
- Current Phase: Complete
- Hotel completed in 2010, condos completed in 2011
- Budget: $295 million
- Total square footage: 1,000,000
- Developer: Stratus Properties Inc. and Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- September 18th, 2020 - West 12th Residential Tower Plan Brings 31 Floors to the Downtown Time Forgot
- July 7th, 2020 - Take a Closer Look at Origin, Mueller’s First Boutique Hotel Plan
- February 24th, 2020 - 12-Story Hilton Hotel Tower Could Rise From Historic 1880s Austin Building
- August 30th, 2019 - Central Austin Development Roundup: It’s Pretty Obvious We Like the Towers
- July 30th, 2019 - Austin’s Tiny Home Startup Kasita Rides Again, With Tiny Hotels in Mind
- July 9th, 2019 - Here’s Our First View of the Updated South Lamar and Riverside Hotel
- July 5th, 2019 - Hey Look, the Old Ginger Man Facade is Back at the Hotel ZaZa
- April 5th, 2019 - Two New Hotels Headed for East Avenue in the Rainey Street District
- March 7th, 2019 - Austinites Weren’t Always So Sure About Downtown’s Iconic Frost Bank Tower
- August 16th, 2018 - Downtown Austin Getting Two Hotels at 5th & Brazos Tower
- July 25th, 2018 - Here’s The Republic, a 37-Story Office Tower Proposed at 308 Guadalupe
- April 18th, 2018 - Republic Tower Project Planned for Downtown Block at 308 Guadalupe
- April 4th, 2018 - 34-Story Office Tower Plan at 300 Colorado Gets a New Look
- December 5th, 2017 - Conversation with George Blume
- November 17th, 2017 - The Independent Wins 2017 Design Award From American Architecture Prize
- October 30th, 2017 - A First Glimpse of the Commodore Perry Estate’s Planned Boutique Hotel
- September 20th, 2017 - The Downtown Austin Alliance’s Vision Survey Needs Your Hottest Takes
- July 21st, 2017 - Canopy by Hilton Boutique Hotel Headed to West Sixth Street
- November 15th, 2016 - The Odd Thing About Austin’s Skyline
- November 1st, 2016 - 39 Story Residential Tower Proposed at 3rd & Colorado
- July 13th, 2016 - News & Rumors Round Up
- July 2nd, 2015 - Remember When There Weren’t Enough Hotels in Downtown Austin?
- February 12th, 2015 - New Travis County Courthouse Proposal: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
- January 21st, 2015 - Hotel Proposed for 12th and Red River in Downtown Austin
- March 17th, 2013 - Yet another hotel coming, now at 8th & Neches
- July 22nd, 2012 - Exclusive: Downtown Austin Condo Sales Report
- June 23rd, 2012 - Coming to Congress Ave: The Monster Marriott
- June 21st, 2012 - New, Improved Building-by-Building Condo Listings!
- May 17th, 2012 - Strange Trends in Downtown Condo Sales
- March 9th, 2012 - Exclusive: January & February Sales Fetch Higher Prices
- January 21st, 2012 - Exclusive: Full Year Analysis of 2011 Downtown Austin Condo Sales
- January 15th, 2012 - Exclusive: November and December Sales Set New Records!
- December 21st, 2011 - 2nd Street: 3 More Fancy Blocks Coming Soon
- November 7th, 2011 - Exclusive: October Condo Sales Set New Records
- October 17th, 2011 - Exclusive: Strong September Downtown Austin Condo Sales Break Drive New Annualized Records
- October 16th, 2011 - W & Austonian Win “Best New Building”
- July 15th, 2011 - Exclusive: June Condo Sales Set New Record
- June 26th, 2011 - New 50-Story Modern Hotel Proposed for downtown, Battle with Marriott Begins
- June 21st, 2011 - Uh oh: The Dreaded 1,003 Room Downtown Marriott Might be Built
- June 12th, 2011 - Wow! Strong April & May MLS Condo Sales & Price Appreciation
- May 27th, 2011 - Top Downtown Austin Condo Projects Report Slow Sales
- April 10th, 2011 - Exclusive: March Condo Sales Fall, Prices Increase
- March 28th, 2011 - 26-Story “Congress Sliver Hotel” Approved by City Council
- March 12th, 2011 - First W Austin Condo Sale Prices Hit MLS
- March 12th, 2011 - Exclusive: Condo Sales Soar in February
- January 20th, 2011 - New Renderings for Congress Avenue Boutique Hotel
- January 16th, 2011 - New Condo Towers Possible Near Capital
- December 9th, 2010 - Hello W Austin!
- September 28th, 2010 - Updated: Building-by-Building Monthly Condo Fees
- September 20th, 2010 - 389 of 736 Units Sold So Far in Spring, W, Austonian, and Four Seasons
- August 16th, 2010 - Swim! Pictures of Downtown Condo Pools
- July 7th, 2010 - With Downtown Marriott Dead, Land Owners Seek New Hotel Developer
- June 13th, 2010 - Austonian, Four Seasons Prepare to Open
- May 22nd, 2010 - New Hotel Planned for Congress Ave!
- April 27th, 2010 - Austonian, W, Four Seasons, & Spring Sales Estimates
- December 10th, 2009 - Austin Home Listings Slide by 20%
- November 6th, 2009 - Analysis: Downtown Condo Supply & Demand
- October 26th, 2009 - W Receives Financing: Averts Crisis
- September 25th, 2009 - Exclusive: Building-by-Building Condo Fees
- August 29th, 2009 - Impressive New W Renderings
- August 11th, 2009 - W Must Replace Troubled Lender to Proceed
- June 19th, 2009 - EXCLUSIVE: Downtown Condo Market Surges
- May 23rd, 2009 - W Hotel & Residences Developer Faces Delisting
- February 16th, 2009 - January, 2009 Downtown Condo Sales
- February 11th, 2009 - W Hotel & Residences . . . . & Offices?
- January 28th, 2009 - New Market Data: 2008 Downtown Condo Sales Analysis
- January 15th, 2009 - Is Downtown Austin Overbuilt: Understanding Austin Condo Supply & Demand
- December 2nd, 2008 - State of the Downtown Condo Market
- September 9th, 2008 - Major SoCo Infill Project Announced: New Hotel & Retail to Emerge
- September 3rd, 2008 - Development Update: The other 13 Buildings Rising Downtown
- August 1st, 2008 - Hotel Van Zandt Cancels Condo Project
- July 12th, 2008 - Updated: Building-by-Building Monthly Condo Fees
- June 3rd, 2008 - New: W Austin Residences Listings
- May 23rd, 2008 - The Big Roundup: Our Austin Condo Market Update
- May 4th, 2008 - Financing in Hand, W Austin Hotel & Condos to Begin Construction on Monday
- April 7th, 2008 - Who is Buying Downtown: 5 Statistics that Summarize Downtown Condo Demographics
- April 4th, 2008 - 21c Condo Project Magically Relocated to Waller Creek
- April 2nd, 2008 - 2008 State of the Market: Updated Condo Sales Statistics
- January 29th, 2008 - New Businesses to Open on 2nd Street
- January 7th, 2008 - Is That Really the View?
- November 19th, 2007 - Huge Downtown Site Slated for Development
- October 27th, 2007 - Austonian Condo Fees Set a New Record!
- October 14th, 2007 - W Hotel & Residences Breaks Ground
- September 27th, 2007 - Austin in 2010: The Tallest Buildings
- September 18th, 2007 - Condo Sales: How Firm are They?
- September 15th, 2007 - The Monthly Cost of Luxury Living
- August 13th, 2007 - Jumbo Mortgage Rates Spike
- August 5th, 2007 - Reserving a Condo: Up-front Payment Requirements
- August 1st, 2007 - W Austin Condo Update
- June 18th, 2007 - The Million Dollar Austin Condo Market
- January 29th, 2007 - Beyond Residential: Other Downtown Projects
210 Lavaca Street, Austin, TX 78701