- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Westgate Tower.
(all data current as of 9/23/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Westgate Tower is a mid-century condominium located in downtown Austin. Completed in 1966, and named for its unique proximity to the Texas State Capitol, the building tends to attract those with business at the Texas Legislature. It is often compared with Cambridge Tower and Penthouse Apartments, also built in the 1960’s. Westgate Tower was the first residential building that was significantly taller than anything else in Austin, except the Capitol Dome.
- Completed 1965
- 25 Floors / 40 Feet
- 60 Units
- Units from SF 354-4800
- Unit Types: Efficiency, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom, Three Bedroom
- Applied for historic zoning in 2012
- Concierge: Yes
- Pool: Yes
- Gym: Yes
- Parking: Yes
- Completed in 1965
- Budget: Unknown
- Total SF: Unknown
- Height: 261 SF
- Developer: Julian Zimmerman / Lumbermans’ Investment Association
- Architects: Edward Durell Stone, Fehr and Granger
- August 20th, 2021 - Demolition Clearing West 17th and Guadalupe for the Linden Condo Tower
- June 10th, 2021 - All Signs Point to Yes at the Linden, Northwest Downtown’s Tallest Tower Yet
- April 15th, 2021 - Developments Planned at Former Austin Legends Dart Bowl and Threadgill’s
- September 18th, 2020 - West 12th Residential Tower Plan Brings 31 Floors to the Downtown Time Forgot
- April 6th, 2020 - Keep Your Meetings Local With 10 Extremely Austin Zoom Backgrounds
- November 23rd, 2019 - Hitting the Bricks at Downtown Austin’s Finest Masonry Residential Towers
- November 14th, 2019 - How Big Should Project Connect Go?
- October 4th, 2018 - Lighting Up the History of Austin’s Last Original Arby’s Sign
- July 12th, 2018 - Getting Past the Facade at Congress Avenue’s Most Eligible Vacant Buildings
- November 15th, 2016 - The Odd Thing About Austin’s Skyline
- September 25th, 2012 - City Staff Recommends Historic Zoning for Westgate Towers
- June 21st, 2012 - New, Improved Building-by-Building Condo Listings!
- March 12th, 2011 - Exclusive: Condo Sales Soar in February
- December 10th, 2010 - Exclusive: October Downtown Condo Sales
- November 3rd, 2009 - Exclusive: Strong October & September Downtown Condo Sales
- April 27th, 2009 - Exclusive: March Downtown Condo Sales Disappoint
- March 30th, 2009 - Condo Values by Building: Austintowers Exclusive
- January 22nd, 2008 - Another Option: Older Downtown Austin Condo Projects