Tip: Learn more about this building by using the form below to speak with a TOWERS’ condo specialist.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Nokonah condos for sale.
(all data current as of 4/10/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Overview of The Nokonah condos
The Nokonah was the first “luxury” condo tower in downtown Austin. Late architect Robert Barnstone, who also designed the Spring tower, believed that Native Americans were under-appreciated in Austin. The building’s name derives from a Comanche Indian, Peta Nocona.
As a smaller, more intimate building compared to other downtown condos, you can get to know your neighbors and staff. The Nokonah boasts an amazing roster of past and current owners that comprises a “who’s who” of Central Texas including: Texas Gov. Ann Richards, UT Business School benefactor George Kozmetsky, and UT Baseball Coach Augie Garrido.
- 11 Floors
- 124 Feet
- 95 dwellings (approximately)
- Completed in 2002
- Unit Types: One Bedrooms, Two Bedrooms, Three Bedrooms
The building features two “wings” divided by a sun deck with heated lap pool.
- 24-hour Concierge
- Pool (heated)
- 9.5 foot ceilings and wood floors in all living areas.
- Storage Units
- Adjacent to Shoal Creek trailhead (greenbelt)
- Walking Distance To Whole Foods Grocery and Market District
- Current Phase: Complete
- Zoning Status: Approved
- Developer: FaulknerUSA
- Architect: Lake/Flato Architects Inc
- August 13th, 2020 - The View From Austin’s Duncan Park Gets Better Every Year
- November 23rd, 2019 - Hitting the Bricks at Downtown Austin’s Finest Masonry Residential Towers
- July 7th, 2017 - What’s Next for Shoal Creek? 12 Improvements to Expect
- May 22nd, 2015 - Downtown Austin Creek News
- March 11th, 2013 - Whole Foods area downtown ripe for construction, but the price to pay is traffic
- June 21st, 2012 - New, Improved Building-by-Building Condo Listings!
- March 14th, 2012 - Nokonah shows strong Price Appreciation, 360 Growth Flat
- January 21st, 2012 - Exclusive: Full Year Analysis of 2011 Downtown Austin Condo Sales
- August 16th, 2011 - Strong July Condo Sales Drive New Full-Year Record
- June 12th, 2011 - Wow! Strong April & May MLS Condo Sales & Price Appreciation
- April 10th, 2011 - Exclusive: March Condo Sales Fall, Prices Increase
- August 7th, 2010 - New Profile Posted: 904 West
- July 26th, 2010 - New Project Listings: 904 West
- June 13th, 2010 - Austonian, Four Seasons Prepare to Open
- April 12th, 2010 - Condo Liquidity Analysis: Will You Be Able to Sell?
- March 8th, 2010 - Exclusive: 2009 Condo MLS Sales Review
- November 10th, 2009 - Exclusive: October Downtown Condo Sales
- November 3rd, 2009 - Exclusive: Strong October & September Downtown Condo Sales
- July 16th, 2009 - 904 West: A New Condo Project to Rise on 9th & West
- June 19th, 2009 - EXCLUSIVE: Downtown Condo Market Surges
- April 27th, 2009 - Exclusive: March Downtown Condo Sales Disappoint
- March 30th, 2009 - Condo Values by Building: Austintowers Exclusive
- March 13th, 2009 - February, 2009 Downtown Condo Sales
- November 26th, 2008 - How Many Units Exist Today in Downtown Austin?
- June 25th, 2008 - It’s Back: 800 West Applies for Height Variance
- April 28th, 2008 - 2008 Downtown Condo Property Assessments: Shockingly Modest Growth
- January 22nd, 2008 - Another Option: Older Downtown Austin Condo Projects
- September 22nd, 2007 - New Project: 8th & West Tower
- July 11th, 2007 - How easy is it to sell a downtown condo?
- June 28th, 2007 - Spring Breaks Ground
- June 26th, 2007 - Site Update: 3 New Profiles Added!
- June 9th, 2007 - The Efficient Condo Market
- May 20th, 2007 - Nokonah Analysis: Part II
- May 6th, 2007 - Now Available: Real-time Condo Listings!
- March 13th, 2007 - Nokonah Pricing Analysis: Part I
901 West 9th Street, Austin, TX 78703