Tip: Learn more about this building by using the form below to speak with a TOWERS’ condo specialist.
The Independent is new construction and availability is subject to change.
Inquire using the form below or call TOWERS Realty 512-236-8898 for additional information.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Independent Austin.
(all data current as of 1/27/2021)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Overview of The Independent Austin Condos
The instantly-recognizable, slightly off-kilter appearance of the Independent Austin Condos, better known to most as the “Jenga Tower,” is a marvel of structural engineering and design. The tallest building in the city, the views from the tower and its 34th-floor cantilevered amenity level are second to none.
- 58 Floors
- 690 Feet tall
- ~370 units
- Unit Types: One-bedroom, two-bedroom, three-bedroom, penthouse
- Several residences will have “protected views” of Lady Bird Lake and the Texas Hill Country
- 24-hour concierge
- “Infinity edge” heated pool overlooking Lady Bird Lake
- Garage parking
- 34th-floor resident club room
- Screening room
- Catering kitchen
- Conference rooms
- Secure dog park and grooming station
- Ground-floor coffee shop and bar space
- Architect: Rhode Partners
- Current Phase: Complete
- Listing Broker: Urbanspace Real Estate + Interiors (represents seller)
- Developer: Aspen Heights, Constructive Ventures
- September 15th, 2020 - Flying Over Austin in Microsoft’s ‘Photorealistic’ New Simulator
- September 10th, 2020 - Three Cheers for the Quincy, Topped Out in the Rainey Street District
- August 14th, 2020 - In Defense of 405 Colorado
- May 1st, 2020 - Demolition Approved at West Sixth Sushi Bar, Making Way for 60 Floors
- February 10th, 2020 - After 5 Years of Development, Closings Arrive at the Austin Proper Residences
- February 6th, 2020 - The Independent’s Crown Officially Lights Up Tomorrow Night
- January 9th, 2020 - The Independent, Austin’s Tallest Tower, Will Soon Light Its Crown
- August 26th, 2019 - Austin’s Second ‘Jenga Tower’ Could Rise at the Royal Arch Masonic Lodge
- July 23rd, 2019 - In 1986, an Architecture Critic Roasted Austin’s ‘Pompous’ Skyline
- June 21st, 2019 - Take a Closer Look at the Travis, the Rainey District’s New Tallest Tower
- May 21st, 2019 - Yes Indeed, Downtown Austin’s Block 71 Tower Has a New Name
- April 24th, 2019 - At Fifth and Nueces, Downtown’s Next Tower Is Only a Matter of Time
- March 26th, 2019 - Google’s New Home at Block 185 is Downtown Austin’s Next Signature Tower
- February 14th, 2019 - An Unexpected Tower Arrives in Downtown Austin’s Northwest Gap
- February 9th, 2019 - Take a Peek at Downtown Austin’s Future Skyline
- December 27th, 2018 - Closings have begun at Fifth & West
- November 9th, 2018 - Our Fall Survey Results Are In, and Here’s What We’ve Learned
- September 14th, 2018 - Central Austin Development Roundup: Fresh Buildings Found Here
- August 1st, 2018 - What We Talk About When We Talk About ‘Signature Towers’ in Austin
- June 28th, 2018 - Five Takeaways From the Shoal Creek Conservancy’s New Trail Plan
- June 11th, 2018 - Engineering the Independent, Austin’s Next Tallest Tower
- June 8th, 2018 - VIDEO: Aerial Views From Downtown Austin to West Campus
- May 24th, 2018 - Central Austin Development Roundup: Towers, Trails, and Everything Else
- March 12th, 2018 - Here’s What We Learned From Our Fabulous Austin Survey
- March 1st, 2018 - Inside the 70 Rainey Condo Tower, Underway on Downtown’s Eastern Edge
- November 17th, 2017 - The Independent Wins 2017 Design Award From American Architecture Prize
- August 24th, 2017 - FIRST LOOK: Austin Proper, Under Construction in the 2nd Street District
- June 19th, 2017 - 308 Guadalupe, Downtown’s Next Tallest Tower?
- September 15th, 2016 - With Seaholm Condos 100% sold, Developer Sells the Retail and Office
- May 28th, 2015 - Downtown Austin Development Update
- May 22nd, 2015 - Downtown Austin Creek News
- December 19th, 2014 - Will The Independent Condos Become Austin’s Tallest Tower?
- February 2nd, 2012 - Waller Update: 9 Design Teams Selected
- May 6th, 2011 - UrbanOutfitters to Open in Prime W Retail Space